You are browsing the archive for Doug Stewart - Philly WordPress.
That’s right, folks, we’re approved and locked-in for this year’s WordCamp Philly! Keep tabs on official updates over at the official site, but mark down November 5th & 6th on your calendars for this year’s event, and, as always, follow the #WCPhilly hashtag.
We’re back at Temple University’s Alter Hall, so those of you that attended last year know we’re in for another treat.
We’re excited — are you?
April 26, 2011 in Meetups
[Low, slow whistle -ed.] That’s a mighty fine site!
We here at Philly WP are looking to do something similar, so if anyone is aces with Illustrator/Photoshop/the Gimp/whatever and wants to spec something up, we’re all ears!
And congrats again to the WPNYC folks.
Brad and I will be teaching a class as a part of Philly TechWeek entitled “WordPress For Beginners”. It will be held at FMC Philly (our normal Meetup location) on Tuesday, April 26th at 7pm. There are further details over at the Meetup listing for the event, but in brief, we’ll be covering:
- Dashboard Management – Customize your WP dashboard
- Content Management – Post, Pages, and Links
- Media – Images, Videos, and Sound Clips
- Links – Adding and categorizing links and blogrolls
- Comments and Discussion – Moderating and Spam Control
- Plugins and Theme – Installation and configuration
- Menu management – Create custom menus in WP
- User Accounts – Create and Manage users
- WordPress Settings – Customize WordPress
Registration is capped at 24 total attendees and the session is more than our usual amount — $15/person. Please, if you plan on attending, bring along a laptop with WiFi capability so that you can fully participate.
For those more advanced users, please remember that we also have the happy hour scheduled for Thursday of that week, so leave workshop slots open for those attendees who could benefit most from a jump-start.
March 22, 2011 in News