Mini WordPress Meetups Around Philly (11 posts)

Topic tags: Meetup, Philly, WordPress
|
  • Profile picture of Brad Williams Brad Williams said 3 years, 4 months ago:

We had a great conversation at the Meetup last night about organizing “mini meetups” in and around the Philly area. Everyone seemed to really like the idea so this forum thread is for anyone interested in attending a mini meetup. Let us know where you are and what type of meetup you like to attend (ie developer, designer, blogger, etc).

If you are interested in organizing a mini meetup feel free to start a new forum post with all the details! These mini meetups should be informal gatherings centered around WordPress and can be organized by anyone.

• Profile picture of reed reed said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I would love to come to a mini-meetup where I could learn more about hooks. I would be willing to lead one for people who wanted to know about the WP menu system.

• Profile picture of Tracy Levesque Tracy Levesque said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I would love a Buddypress meetup — one where we work on this site would be great — and an ecommerce-specific meetup.

• Profile picture of Gillian Lancaster Gillian Lancaster said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I would love to talk with others who use Headway, but am open to all WP topics!

• Profile picture of Kim Whte Kim Whte said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Would love to meet up with folks in the Lehigh Valley!

• Profile picture of BobGarrett BobGarrett said 3 years, 4 months ago:

Hey Brad

I would love to see a mini in the King of Prussia area – getting into Philly is difficult at rush hour.

I run Thesis but looking at other solutions like Headway/Studiopress –
    I am still a novice but want to learn more – how to use hooks is high on my agenda

If Pottstown is of interest – I know a location that might be available for free.

• Profile picture of Rayhan Muktader Rayhan Muktader said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I am also open to any WP topic but I second idea of another BuddyPress meetup. I feel that we barely scratched surface of BP. I have been toying with it since the last BP meetup but the BP codex is pretty barren.
    I would be really nice if someone who has already created BP themes and plugins can guide us.

I would gladly go over how to use WP hooks and filters and how to create your own. This should not take too long.

• Profile picture of Samantha Sand Samantha Sand said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I would love to attend or host a Mini in the north Wilmington area. General WordPress topics – been using WP about 6 months – also how to integrate e-commerce and membership sites into WP are of interest.

• Profile picture of lisa s lisa s said 3 years, 4 months ago:

how to select and integrate a shopping card/e-commerce in to WP. I am in Princeton/Trenton NJ area so anything that is closer to this area and convenient to Route 95 would be great.

• Profile picture of Deleted User said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I’m also in the Princeton area, so a north Philly area (Langhorne?) would be great. I’m up for learning anything new about WP, or helping to work on the Buddypress PhillyWP site.

• Profile picture of Brad Williams Brad Williams said 3 years, 4 months ago:

I just scheduled the first Mini Meetup! http://www.meetup.com/Philadelphia-WordPress-Meetup-Group/events/23266571/

If you want to schedule a Mini Meetup in your area just let me know and I can publish the details to the entire Philly WP Meetup group