WordCamp Philly Video Hackathon (11 posts)

Topic tags: Philly, videos, WordCamp, WordPress
|
  • Profile picture of Brad Williams Brad Williams said 2 years, 3 months ago:

The Holidays have come and gone, and now it’s time to get back to work! We still have quite a few WordCamp Philly videos we need to work on for WordPress.tv. We’re thinking about organizing an informal hackathon to power through editing the video presentations and loading them on WordPress.tv.

We’re using Macs to do the video editing. Doug has the process down and can teach anyone that is not familiar how it’s done. We also need a few people to help create the draft posts on WordPress.tv, so even if you aren’t video editing savvy (like me) you can still help!

I’d like to have this at Campbell’s Place in Chestnut hill again. The space was great and so is the food/beer! If you are interested in attending please post here so we know. If we have enough interest I’ll schedule an official Meetup so we can all RSVP.

• Profile picture of Adam Levinson Adam Levinson said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I can help with the video editing.

Adam

• Profile picture of reed reed said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I can help with the video editing if you show me how. Glad to go up to Campbell’s!

• Profile picture of Brad Williams Brad Williams said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I’m going to reach out to Campbell’s and see if we can’t get that space again. I’m thinking we pick one evening next week, any suggestions?

• Profile picture of Liam Dempsey Liam Dempsey said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I’d be happy to help with the video editing but like the others, I’ll need to be shown how. Tuesday or Wednesday nights work for me.

• Profile picture of Nick Silva Nick Silva said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Right on. Keep us posted on how this shakes out. I’d love to help out!

• Profile picture of Gillian Lancaster Gillian Lancaster said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I’d be happy to help too, but need to learn how!

• Profile picture of Gina Gina said 2 years, 3 months ago:

Good Morning,

I would love to assist, however I do not have a mac. Please let me know my options.

Thank You

• Profile picture of Mike Fox Mike Fox said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I would love to help.

• Profile picture of George Forde George Forde said 2 years, 3 months ago:

I spoke with Vanessa & Rob Mullen from Campbell’s the other night and Wednesday looks best so far to get the upstairs to ourselves… Call them directly at (215) 242-1818 when you have a better idea on the date.

• Profile picture of George Forde George Forde said 2 years, 2 months ago:

Hey, this is last minute, but I’m trying to gather an amorphous group of WP enthusiasts, developers, designers, investors, and business owners @ Campbell’s Place this Wednesday 2/8/2012, 7:30pm. No agenda, just an opportunity to have people out this way get to know each other and have a beer or two. The Center City meetups are great, but I think we have the quantity and caliber of people required to create a sustainable “Organcisation” right here. Thoughts?